Kelsey Blegen specializes in employee benefits and estate planning. Kelsey provides guidance to individuals and entities in personal services businesses, including attorneys, engineers, accountants, physicians, consultants, real estate brokers, architects, retirement plan service providers, financial institutions and sales organizations.
Kelsey received her law degree from UC Davis School of Law and her undergraduate degree from UC Berkeley. Kelsey is a member of the San Francisco Chapter of the Western Pension and Benefits Council and the Bar Association of San Francisco. She also is a delegate to the Conference of California Bar Associations through the Bar Association of San Francisco
Kelsey’s practice focuses on the following areas:
- Preparation of documents to implement and amend profit sharing, 401(k) (including Roth features), ESOP, defined benefit, 403(b) and 457 plans.
- Preparation of documents to implement and amend flexible benefit/cafeteria plans.
- Preparation of summary plan descriptions.
- Correction of defects under IRS amnesty programs (EPCRS) and DOL amnesty programs.
- Controlled group analysis.
- Fiduciary duty analysis.
- Preparing and reviewing qualified domestic relations orders.
- Preparing plan policies to minimize fiduciary liability.
- Preparing employee benefit provisions for stock and asset purchase agreements.
- Preparation of customized estate plans, including revocable and irrevocable trusts, wills and powers of attorney.
- Preparation of beneficiary designation forms for retirement plans, IRAs and insurance policies.
- Tax planning for distributions from qualified retirement plans and IRAs.